Floods often happen without warning and even those that occur with a warning cause very serious damage. Flood damage must be treated with great caution and needs professional services to help clean up and repair. Specialized equipment for cleaning, drying, and repairing structural damage may be needed. You should always approach your property with great caution after a flood.
What is flood damage?
Damage due to flooding can be extensive and involve a lot of things. Flooding can cause structural damage, water damage, damage to electrical systems, and sometimes even loss of life. The strength of the flood and the severity will determine the amount of damage. It can vary from water damage outside the house to high-level water damage inside. In more severe cases, the structural integrity of a building and its foundations can be damaged. In such cases, the building can be very unsafe and should not be entered until professionals have assessed it. Together with water and structural damage, the wiring and sewage systems can also be influenced and damaged by floods.
What causes flood damage?
Simply put, floods cause flood damage, but what causes floods? There are different types of floods that are caused by different things. Most floods occur because of weather-related occurrences such as heavy rainfall and natural disasters. Heavy rainfall can cause damage to sewage systems, water canals, and other waterways. When the system cannot handle the amount of water, it starts a flood and causes large amounts of water above ground. Tropical and other storms can bring large bodies of water like rivers and oceans closer to the shore and cause things like tsunamis. Damage in dam walls can also lead to flooding if the structures don’t hold for large amounts of water.
Flood damage services
3D2 Know offers all the flood and related damage services you may need. Floods can cause severe damage and you need to call in the professionals to ensure your and your family’s safety.
3D2 Know offers the following services:
- Contents inventory – Determining which belongings are intact and which are damaged without the option of repair.
- Water extraction and drying – Removing any water that is still in and around the property.
- Structural analysis – Analysis to determine whether the building and all its walls and supports are safe. It also includes checking electrical and other systems for danger and damage.
- Cleaning and repair – To start repairs, the affected area needs to be cleaned. Repairs are done once the full extent of damage has been determined and the team knows which areas and objects can and must be repaired.
- Restoration – Simple restoration of structures and interiors are done once the damage has been assessed and everything is cleared out. For heavy duty rebuilding and repairs, construction teams are called in to assist with the process.