Water damage can be devastating to a property and its contents. Aside from fire, water can be the most destructive force when it comes to building foundations, walls, furniture, etc. The 3D2 Know team is experts in the field of water damage and how to save the affected buildings and belongings. They specialize in repairing damage caused by household situations as well as natural disasters, heavy rains, or heavy snow.
What is water damage?
Some water damage can be seen by the naked eye while others may be more difficult to notice. Stains or discoloring on walls, ceilings, and floors can be an indication of water damage. Some people ignore these signs and write them off as the result of aging. This is why water damage is often overlooked and only dealt with when the damage has become severe. Water damage can occur because of different things. In severe cases, it can affect the soundness of a building and can cause the loss of property and belongings.
How to prevent it?
To prevent the loss of property and belongings, it is important that you have potential water damage checked out as soon as possible.
What causes water damage?
Water damage can be caused by leaking pipes, pump sump failure, washing machine overflow, clogged toilets, leaking roofs, heavy rains and snow, and natural disasters.
The severity of water damage is classified in classes that are determined by the rate of evaporation.
- Class 1 has a slow rate of evaporation and causes less damage and requires minimal services. It only affects a small portion of a room. The materials affected do not absorb water and will not get as badly damaged.
- Class 2 has a fast rate of evaporation. The whole room and carpets are affected and will need drying to prevent loss.
- Class 3 has the fastest rate of evaporation and affects the whole area under question. The source is often overhead and the damage can be extensive.
- Class 4 requires specialty services and equipment due to the severity of the damage.
Water damage services
3D2 Know offers all the water damage services you may need. Their services include:
- Contents inventory – Determining which belongings are intact and which are damaged without the option of repair.
- Water extraction – Removing water build-up from a house or other building.
- Dry out and clean-up – Equipment is used to dry out areas affected by water damage. Cleaning up of affected areas and the surrounding areas.
- Foundation and roof leakage repair – Repair of any leaks or cracks that are allowing water to enter the home through the foundation or the roof.